Friday, September 14, 2007

Well what can i say

Its been one of those weeks.
Last week i signed up for a Top Designer competition over at Bad Girls and each week if get through there is a class and you have to do project for it. Week 1 was colour theory and this is what i did.

This is a LO of My DS (Dominic) age 8 wearing with pride a handmade bead he got for his birthday called Dominoe
I think he looks so grown up that i wanted this to have a feel of sophistication and pride.
I hope that it comes across that way.

I chose these dream street papers because i felt that they matched the colour of my sons shirt and while still being boy they come across as more grown up.


I uploaded this last night and now i have to wait and see if i got through to week 2. I have at least 4 hours to wait so wish me luck.

Well it was fun and games here Wednesday. Dom came home early from school as he was ill (they never send a child home unless they think something is really wrong). About 7pm he starts complaining that all his joints ache, tummy ache, headache, feels really warm to the touch and then complains that the light hurts his eyes. So I 999 ambulance comes and he's taken into the children's assessment ward at the local hospital. When they take his temp it is 39.1 and is given paracetamol and by the time he is seen by a doctor is fine and back to normal.
We were there about 3 hours as he was admitted at 7.50 and we were home by midnight.
He has got some sort of infection but not sure what at the moment. He has two spots on his tonsils that could turn into something but who knows.

He's gone to school today and they haven't phoned me to go and get him so he should be OK. He'll be home in about an hour now so I'll see how he is then.
Looks like it was just a 24 hour thing.

I took these photos of him the other day when he was on the phone to his best mate Ben. He looks so cute. I just wonder what he will be like when he's a teenager as they were on the phone for about an hour then. He is watching TV at the same time as being on the phone and Ben was at the other end (it was the same programme).




5 comments:

Kelly said...

I like your take on the challenge- your ds is so cute!! Good luck with the next round :)

Sandie said...

Love your layout!!

Scrapdragons said...

love the lo & your son is too cute.

laura

Lyzzydee said...

Beth, I can see you in him !!! he's a cute little guy!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi honey. I'm a poo and have tagged you. The details are on my blog xx