Monday, November 26, 2007

Its been a while

I keep meaning to blog but things keep stopping me.
One of the major things that is happening here is that my mum is dying.
Three years ago she was diagnosed with Renal cancer and it had spread to her lungs. They removed the kidney and tumor which was huge. She was then OK up until recently. In July she got what we thought was Gout but later turned out to be bone cancer. In September after a CT scan we were told that the cancer had spread to her Bones, Liver and Breast. Since then she has really gone down hill.
She is now in a hospice and her kidney is failing so we have been told that we will lose her in the next week or so.
On Saturday we told Dom that she's dying and so far he has taken it really well. I am leaving it up to him as to whether or not he wants to see her and so far he does. So tomorrow he's having the day off school so we can go to see her (it's more important).
I'm sort out support for him so that there are people he can talk to and things we can do to remember her in a positive way. One thing we are going to do is a memory box as i think that will help him in the long term.

It's a dreadful time of year but we must get on with it

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beth, I am so, so sorry to hear this. I'll never forget meeting you and Jan at the retreat and thinking what a great lady she is.

If she is up to it, please give her all my love and huge,huge hugs for you too, Beth.

Be strong, hun.
Lorraine.
xxxx

Bobs said...

I am so very sorry to hear that your mum is so ill, Beth.
You and she were the first two people I saw at the retreat and it was a real pleasure to meet you both. Your mum was always so upbeat and optimistic and an inspiration to all.

I'm thinking about you all and hoping against all hope that she doesn't suffer too much.

Let her know, if you can, that I am thinking about her and sending my love.

Also sending love and strength to you, Dom and all the family.

Bobs xxxx

Anonymous said...

Beth, I am so sorry to hear how ill Jan is now, please give her my love and tell her she is one special lady. I don't have an address any more and didn't have your blog addy until Bobs told us how ill Jan was.

Take care Beth,

LOve Jo (gingerjo)

Linda said...

Just wanted to tell you again that I am thinking of you all at this sad time.

What a fab lady Jan is!

Anonymous said...

Beth, so sorry that your Mum is suffering, she is such a special lady. Huge hugs to you all. Thinking of you all. Love Karen

Anonymous said...

Beth, I am so sorry to hear about Jan. I used to be on the Canny forum if you remember, and my hubby was suffering from the same dreadful disease. Unfortunately he died on 4th October so I know what you are feeling right now.

Love and hugs

Joy xxxx

Lyzzydee said...

Beth I have you in my thoughts and prayers, love to jan as well
xxxxx