Sunday, December 09, 2007

Rest In peace mother

On Friday 7Th December 2007 at about 3.30pm mother finally lost her long fight against the dreaded Cancer. It was very peaceful in the end as she went in her sleep. We were all with her at the end.
It is a relief that its all over and there isn't anymore suffering.

We are now just waiting to arrange the funeral. No idea if that will before or after Christmas as this is a bad time of year.

A good friend Dolly (Karen) posted this lovely post on her blog which i think you should all read.

I'll post more when I'm thinking straight

3 comments:

scrapdolly said...

Beth babe, I know what you are going through and know how bloody hard it is. I know how close you were to your Mom who was, indeed, a really special lady and such a valued friend to so many, me included.
Take comfort, love, in the fact that she is not suffering any longer, but my heart goes out to you and your family who are suffering in your loss.
I pray that you find solace and comfort and that you can refelct onw hat a wonderful person you were blessed to have as a Mom .... just not for long enough.

I am here (and close enough to get to you too) if you need me
xxxx

Bobs said...

Beth - I am so saddened to hear about Jan. I lost my own mum to this cruel disease earlier this year, so I honestly know what you are going through. Take comfort, as I did, in the knowledge that she is no longer suffering.

She will never truly be gone, as she lives on in you and your family.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Beth, so sorry you are having to go through this. Jan was great lady and I feel privileged to have known her.

A great caring, friendly, positive and fun loving Lady

Hugs again to you and Dom. May your pain ease but the wonderful memories remain and comfort you.

God bless