Friday, February 20, 2009

Another week is over

It's hard to believe that this week was half term as i was in uni just about everyday this week. When i've been in i've been there until the workshop closed and i have enjoyed the time i have spent there. Even thou i have got lots done i still have lots more to do. I would have some photos but i forgot to take my camera.
Today i only manged to get in for a couple of hours today but i did get some work done. I have started to make the plaster cast for my mould so i can do the slip casting next week. Working with clay is so therapeutic and relaxing it makes it more worth while.

Anyway yesterday i went to the new ikea in southampton to do some research and it gave me lots of ideas for my final project. There is so much that i can do and now i am more positive about doing it where as before i wasn't to sure. It has really spurred me on to getting on to degree and having a career not just a job.
Oh what was i saying before i went off on one oh yes ikea. The store was really good seeing as it's only been open about a week. It was really busy and you did feel it as you have to queue for ages at the checkout and the cafe was so busy that i gave up on it. I did buy a couple of things that i needed while i was in there but i spent less than £10 so i was happy. (I have a birthday soon so can i please have money to spend in ikea). I did take a few photos going around the store and i wasn't the only one doing it. So here are a couple that i took



Can you tell i'm into lighting?
Not the best photos but that doesn't matter.

I have one more child free day left before Dom comes home from his grandads where he has been on and off all week. He was oringinaly picked up on sunday afternoon but came home tuesday night as on wednesday my brother and sister-in-law were down and they wanted to take him out for the day. So that is what happened, they took him to the cinema to Hotel for Dogs which he really enjoyed and he now wants a dog. On thursday i took him to southampton with me on the train and met my dad at the station and he dropped me outside ikea and he took Dom off with him so i could get on with some work. So i know that he has had a good week which is the important thing and i'll hear all about on sunday.


2 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

I love Ikea and your own candle holder looks like it would be quite at home in there!!

Rachel said...

wow i like all of them, we are going to our local ikea and i was very excited but even more so now so thanks x