Friday, February 13, 2009

UCAS

Today i have finished my application for Degree. Writing the personal statement was the worst bit but at least its now done (well i still have to pay for it to be sent). It now goes to my tutor who will do a reference for me and when he has done that it will go to the right people to sort out an interview for me.

This is the statement that i have written

Since having my son 10 years ago i have re-discovered my creative side. I really enjoy playing around with different materials and can't wait to try new things. For the past 9 years i have done scrapbooking as a hobby which has helped me to have a creative outlet. With this i have worked with all sorts of new and different techniques but i have always felt that there was something missing.
I am currently on the Access to HE Art Design & Photography course and i have found the different aspects of the course very interesting. With all the different projects that we have been given i always seem to end up making something 3D. Having been given the opportunity to spend time in the workshops i have discovered that being able to work with the different materials is what i really enjoy and what i want to do. I am looking forward to being able to work with these at a different level and more in depth.
As i am a single mum i am used to dealing with lots of different things going on at the same time and being able to juggle it all successfully.
In my spare time i enjoy looking at different designers work and the designers that inspire me are Frank Gehry for the imaginary way that he uses wood and Jane Adam for her use of metal.
When i have finished this course my goal is to set up my own workshop and be a freelance designer.

At the moment i'm sat here at uni but i really can't do much because i can't use the workshop until monday because it's closed. It doesn't matter as i will have more time then.
I think its lunch time so i need to go and find something to eat.



4 comments:

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

wow your statement is really awesome, i hope you get in!!! xx

Jo Power said...

Wow your statment sounds so good I would let you in. Crossing my fingers for you. xx

Julia Dunnit said...

You go girl!
Love the playing card evening bag too...amazing.

Jane in Kent said...

Good luck with your degree application! Hard work but it will be worth it.