Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ceramics part 1




This is the first pot that i have made and this was using a technique called slip casting. It's a relatively easy technique to learn and it was good fun. I plan to use this alot. The pot is a candle holder and for my current project it isn't finished yet as it hasn't fully dried so that it can go in to the kiln. When it comes out of the kiln i'm going to see about maybe enameling the inside as i think that that would be a good effect. I'll show you when its done.

Ok i know what you are going to say about the next photos that it just looks like a lump of clay and it does but it's shaped. I'm going to use this as a mould for the slip but as with all ceramics it takes time.



It is meant to kind of look like a stone (but i don't think it will look like a stone when its done and has holes in it to let the light out). I just can't wait to see the finished piece but that won't be until next week at the earliest.


4 comments:

Claire said...

can't wait to see the finished piece

Jo Power said...

ou are so clever. Can't wait to see the finished article.

Sandie said...

what a cool looking pot! I look forward to seeing it when it's finished :-)

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

ooh wow i love that pot, glad you're liking pottery, isn't it fab xxx