Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Olympics

What is it with the Olympics that makes you just want to sit and watch it.
I'm not a sporty person but ever since this years games started i have been into it.
I am so proud of Team GB so far. We are doing the best we have in years. Records have been broken that have been in place for decades. At the End of today we had 33 medals, 16 Gold, 9 Silver and 8 Bronze. Rebecca Adlington winning two in the pool and Chris Hoy winning 3 on the track. Today saw us win in Athletics, Christine Ohuruogu got us Gold in the 400 metres.
The BBC website has lots more on it than i could ever do justice to and also their blog.
Here are some photos of some of our brilliant Olympians
Rebecca Adlington & Jo Jackson
Christine Ohuruogu
Jason Kenny & Chris Hoy
Victoria Pendleton
Germaine Mason
Paul Goodison
Joe Glanfield and Nick Rogers
Geraint Thomas, Bradley Wiggins, Paul Manning and Ed Clancy
Britain's three-woman Yngling crew
Zac Purchase and Mark Hunter
Rebecca Romero & Wendy Houvenaghel
Nicole Cooke
Louis Smith
Ben Ainslie

I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.
GO TEAM GB
I'm so hooked that i can't go to sleep at night. I have to stay up and watch. I need some early nights but that will have to wait until after the Olympics.
I wonder what our next medal will be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been losing sleep too over these amazing games.