Saturday, September 23, 2006

Some people make me angry

I did these LO's to remember what happened on that dreadful day. We all saw the images on our televisions. I know that not everyone wants to be reminded of them.
I did these after the London bombings last year to keep it for future generations and for my son as he was too little to remember it.

Today i noticed a nasty comment had been left on my gallery on UKS saying that they were sick. I think that it is out of order to say that. This may not be to alot of peoples taste but you don't have to say anything.
I'm angry about this as i spent so many hours crying out that day and the people who died needlessly.

I am a scrapbooker and i don't scrap just the good things in my life i scrap the bad. I still have some of these pages to do but i will do them.
I will scrap my life and everything that involves no matter what anyone says. I want my son to know me, his children and so on.

I implore you to document the bad as well as the good it makes us the people we are today.

6 comments:

lemon said...

beth your one of the kindest people i know and you should be proud as its a fantastic lo

joanna said...

Honey, don't give it a second thought - you're right to scrap the sad things as well as the happy - these things should be documented. Please don't let this upset you any more than it already has :) xx

jakey said...

Phew! I had some trouble commenting here... never had a problem before so don't know what that's all about...?

Anyway girlie - I just wanted to send you a cyber hug - I was so damned cross yesterday that you had been crushed by that rude and thoughless post... The nerve of some people! Why should you not scrap whatever you want - they're your albums!
xx jk xx

Jan said...

I know how much this event affected you. For my generation it was the assassination of Kennedy that felt like the defining moment of a generation. I think these are some of your best ever layouts - and so do some of the scrappers you most admire. Go with your instincts.

Liz said...

Just saw this Beth - I really can't believe that you have had to face this - they were some amazing LOs and didn't deserve this. (((((((((((Beth)))))))))))

Anonymous said...

Hear hear! There's nothing sick about documenting something so major in all our lives. I've kept all the newspapers from 9/11 and also when Diana died - just so I can scrapbook everthing too. It's not sick - it's documenting history. You have the courage to do it - this other person doesn't. Don't let them get to you!