Monday, September 18, 2006

UKS Blog prompt

I like this one

If you could find out the truth about one thing, what would it be?

There are so many things to choose from like
What was really known before 9/11
What really is going on in Lost

But if it can be anything at all it would have to be a question to my dad. I'd like him to answer this

When did you stop wearing women's clothes?

When i was about 6 or 7 my sister and i found out that our dad had wanted a sex change six years previously.
My parents split when i was a baby as he wanted to become a woman. He even started to dress in the clothes and even come round the house wearing a dress.
On the day we found out my dad had popped to the shop to get something and Abi and i went into his bedroom looking for something. We went through his drawers and found lots of women's clothing like tights and in his wardrobe dresses. When he got back we asked why he had these clothes and the answer was "they belong to a girlfriend".
The next day we were taken home and we told our mum what had happened and she told us the truth.
Our dad had wanted to become a woman and had even started to go through the process.

To this day i don't know what he has to say about it.
It's not that i have a problem with it coz i don't. It doesn't bother me if some one is gay, straight or even changes sex. I have lots of respect for anyone that puts themselves through it as it must be so tough.

Maybe one day I'll get an answer.

No comments: